suggestions

A retirement planning tool is only as good as its assumptions and inputs. Share your thoughts or ask questions about the internals of the simulation, built in planner assumptions, or planner inputs.
epunum

suggestions

Post by epunum » Mon May 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Some suggestions:
1. Allow for setting up spouse as second set of data. Probability of success would be composite data if spouse is included.
2. Allow changing a single value, e.g., just the S/D for "Portfolio Return" within the the cell for the entry line, rather than generating another entry line just to change the S/D.

Love this tool. Job well done. Eagerly awaiting the stand-alone version.

jimr

Re: suggestions

Post by jimr » Thu May 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Hello and thanks for the suggestions. I'll add them to the potential enhancements list, which I review whenever I'm in the code adding features or fixing bugs.

As far as the standalone version, I originally planned to sell it, but instead I've been offering it for free to anyone who emails me at info@flexibleRetirementPlanner.com and requests it.

Jim

Willie

Re: suggestions

Post by Willie » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:40 pm

epunum wrote:Some suggestions:
1. Allow for setting up spouse as second set of data. Probability of success would be composite data if spouse is included.
2. Allow changing a single value, e.g., just the S/D for "Portfolio Return" within the the cell for the entry line, rather than generating another entry line just to change the S/D.

Love this tool. Job well done. Eagerly awaiting the stand-alone version.

Yes, that would be nice to have spouse/partner option. It's kind of clumsy to do otherwise.