How do I model sale of a house at age 80?

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
frp user

How do I model sale of a house at age 80?

Post by frp user »

Hi Jim!

Enjoying using the planner! One question: on the detailed output page there is a column for “new investments” yet I do not see where those can be input…I am using the example of a client selling a house at say age 80 and having the money from that supplement their income for the rest of the life expectancy. When I do that, I simply enter a “miscellaneous income” figure for that one year. My guess is that this figure is not being added to the portfolio and therefore not earning a return?
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I model sale of a house at age 80?

Post by admin »

I think you may want to use the "Taxable Savings" choice that's also in the additional inputs tab. This option will add the money to the client's taxable portfolio balance in the year they reach the age that you specify. You should also see the amount reported in the "New Investments" column on the detailed output tab.

Let me know if you have additional questions or if this doesn't work as expected.

Regards,

Jim
frp user

Re: How do I model sale of a house at age 80?

Post by frp user »

Thanks Jim – don’t know how I missed those additional savings categories!