Saving A Scenerio

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
henrymorrell

Saving A Scenerio

Post by henrymorrell »

When I try to save a scenario to a folder on my desktop, the folder does not show when I do a "Save As". How do I put it into a folder?
When I save the scenario, I can't find the file anywhere. Yet when I open the program, the scenario is there! Where has it been hiding?
How do I save several different scenarios?
I am using the program icon: frp.jar. I have a registered license key and password.
The version is 04.03.03. Build Date 07-10-2020. The Planner is titled "Flexible Retirement Planner Personal Edition - Scenario 1.
jimr

Re: Saving A Scenerio

Post by jimr »

First, you are using a somewhat older version, although that shouldn't matter for this issue. You can get the latest version here:
https://www.flexibleretirementplanner.com/wp/download/

If you are using a Mac, the problem is most likely a Mac permissions issue. Many users have reported various issues around Mac file permissions. This thread goes through some issues and fixes:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1418&p=3758&hilit=m ... ions#p3758

If you're not on a mac, I haven't received any reports of this type of issue, so if that's the case, it would be helpful to know the OS and version and any other system information that might be relevant.

Jim
jimr

Re: Saving A Scenerio

Post by jimr »

Also, just to clarify, all scenarios are saved together in the same data file. The program doesn't have the ability to save individual scenarios separately.