Parmeters used for "Run" vs. "Sensativity Analysis"

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
msgaltman

Parmeters used for "Run" vs. "Sensativity Analysis"

Post by msgaltman »

Likely I'm confused..but would someone please tell me what parameters are used when the basis "Run" button is used. I clearly understand what's parameters can be selected and run in the Sensitivity Analysis, but since both functions return a probability of success, I assume the basic "Run" function has some set parameters. Thanks.
jimr

Re: Parmeters used for "Run" vs. "Sensativity Analysis"

Post by jimr »

The sensitivity analysis tool runs the simulation hundreds of times with different inputs each time. The heat map cells represent several hundred different probabilities of success, each from its own simulation run, generated with a unique set of inputs (eg parameters). The color of each heat map cells represent the probability of success from the simulation run that corresponds to that cell.

So each cell in the heatmap represents the results of one simulation run. The position of the cell on the heatmap reflects the input parameters used for that particular run.

Clicking on any cell in the heatmap displays the results of that particular simulation run on the right-hand panel.

Typically users will engage with the planner by first configuring inputs and clicking the Run button on the main window. Once they've spent some time working with the planner and tuning their inputs in this manner, they may want to use the sensitivity analysis tool to see how robust their plan is by varying one or more of the inputs they've specified on the main planner window.