Annual Retirement Income

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
herbb623

Annual Retirement Income

Post by herbb623 »

If I enter my pension, social security, wifes social security, additional incomes on the 'Additional Inputs' screen and enable those values, then what value should I be putting in then 'Annual Retirement Income' box on the main screen ?? If I put values in both, wont the program 'double' up my incomes?
Thanks.
jimr

Re: Annual Retirement Income

Post by jimr »

You are correct that putting values in both places will likely double count the income.

It's usually best to zero out the income field on the main page when you are entering income amounts using additional inputs.

Regardless of which approach you use, it's always a good idea to check out the "Detailed View" tab after you run the planner to verify that the year-by-year income and expense values are what you expect. If the default information in the detail view table doesn't show the level of detail you need, you can click the "Show more detail" radio button at the top right of the window, or right mouse-click on any column header and select "Show all Columns" to see more details.

Jim
herbb623

Re: Annual Retirement Income

Post by herbb623 »

Thank you Jim !