Any way to add a memo per scenario?

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
Ptarmigan

Any way to add a memo per scenario?

Post by Ptarmigan »

I'd like to add an explanatory memo to each scenario, so that I can see at a glance what the purpose of each scenario was when I created it.

Is there such a facility? (I can only find memo fields for the additional inputs, and if printing a result.)

Thanks for this very helpful tool.
jimr

Re: Any way to add a memo per scenario?

Post by jimr »

Unfortunately the scenarios don't support a memo field. It's a good idea and I'll make a note to look at adding that if I'm in that area of the code.

In the mean time, you can put a lot of detail in the scenario name. Having a name with over 40 characters and spaces is allowed.

One of the example scenarios in the example file is called "Base w/10 years of LTC expenses starting at age 75." In the scenario dropdown it gets truncated to at around 25 characters but you can see the whole name in the manage scenarios window.
Ptarmigan

Post by Ptarmigan »

Thanks for the quick response.

One other thing I note about the standalone program. Under the Help menu, the link for Web support leads to a 404 error with this URL http://www.flexibleretirementplanner.com/phpBB3
jimr

Post by jimr »

Thanks for the heads up on this. The redirect for that URL wasn't working correctly.

It should work now.