Program launching without prompting

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
JSenecal

Program launching without prompting

Post by JSenecal »

The Flexible Retirement Planner is launching on its own, without prompting. Every morning when I come to computer, the program has launched. How do I stop this from happening?
jimr

Re: Program launching without prompting

Post by jimr »

The program doesn't have any built-in mechanism to auto-launch itself. It doesn't use any background processes at all, so once you close the program, it literally has no way to restart itself on its own.

So my guess is that either the program isn't really getting closed or that there's some sort of configuration on your computer that's automatically relaunching the program. Could you have inadvertently dragged program icon to startup folder? Or perhaps you're minimizing the program window rather than exiting the program?

You don't say whether your computer is a windows computer or a mac. If you're on windows, my suggestion would be to check taskmanager after you close the program to make sure there's no sign of the program running. Another idea would be to uninstall the program and reinstall it.

For a mac, you could try renaming the folder that you keep the program in in case it's somehow getting auto-launched by some other process.