Annual Retirement Income

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
orcl_1000tfrp

Annual Retirement Income

Post by orcl_1000tfrp »

I am starting to use the Flexible Retirement Planner and there is one input that I can't tell exactly what it is supposed to be. I am talking about the "Annual Retirement Income". "Annual retirement spending" seem straight forward, I have also filled out the Additional Inputs to add one pension and SS for my wife and I.
What exactly is supposed to be in the Annual Retirement Income value composed of?
Our retirement income will be composed of mostly the one Pension, SS, and tax deferred accounts which are reflected in the summary view.
Appreciate your responses. Thanks.
jimr

Re: Annual Retirement Income

Post by jimr »

This input is intended as a short-hand way for people who want to quickly run a plan without entering too much detail.

It's equivalent to adding a "Misc Income" entry in additional inputs with a start age of "Retirement Age," an end age of "End of Plan," a taxable percent of 100%, and the COLA type set to "Track Inflation."

Usually, when people enter more detailed inputs in additional inputs, they leave this input blank.
orcl_1000tfrp

Re: Annual Retirement Income

Post by orcl_1000tfrp »

Thank you very much!