Taxes on Portfolio Growth column

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
soney1

Taxes on Portfolio Growth column

Post by soney1 »

I saw this question asked before but I am not sure if it was addressed or not.
I am using version 4.04.01 (build date 8/14/21).

The "Taxes on portfolio growth column" figures don't appear to correctly calculate. I believe I saw an older post that said there was a fix?

I may be missing something or interpreting it wrong but I figured I would ask anyways.

Thanks in advance for the help.
jimr

Re: Taxes on Portfolio Growth column

Post by jimr »

The issue that was mentioned before was corrected in version 04-03-03 which was released last year. So unless something got messed up with that fix or this is a new issue, the calculation should be correct in 04-04-01.

If you can email a generic .frp file (eg no real personal financial info - only generic amounts) to info@flexibleretirementplanner.com I can take a look at it. Just add a note describing the discrepancy you're seeing.

Thanks,

Jim
soney1

Re: Taxes on Portfolio Growth column

Post by soney1 »

Jim

Thanks for the quick reply and detailed email help you gave me on the "taxes on portfolio growth column" in the detailed view.

Your program is much smarter than I am and after your explanation it makes total sense on what is being calculated and shown in that column.

Looking forward to using the software while planning out retirement.

Thanks
Brian