Feedback from New User

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
tosban1

Feedback from New User

Post by tosban1 »

First let me say overall after using it for several days now I really like this app compared to some others I've tried. Great job! The financial questions and data to enter are pretty straightforward. Also really glad you added some of the non-financial things like the ability to change the Display Scaling for the app making it so much easier to use (and read!). I have a 28" 4K desktop monitor hooked to my laptop and love having the ability to maximize apps full screen. Also a long time Quicken user and I'm shocked they haven't implemented any type of good display scaling options. Their only attempt was to allow users to select the standard font or one optional large font, but if you select the large font the text gets cut off in the app in many locations as they don't adjust the buttons and other controls on the screen accordingly. Looks like crap.

I do have a couple questions and/or suggestions for future FRP version updates:

1. Once started, allow the app the option to auto open a designated .frp file (and in-turn the option to auto "run" it). This way once I open the app, all my data (and chart) is already showing visually where I left off. Shouldn't have to manually open a .frp file every time.

2. In the bottom Summary View chart area, you have the five checkboxes for "Graph Controls". Yet when you select any of them and then in-turn try to "Save" your .frp file, it doesn't save these settings. It should.
jimr

Re: Feedback from New User

Post by jimr »

Thanks for the comments and for the suggestions.

On your first one about opening a pre-set file at startup, while there's nothing configurable, the planner should automatically open the last file you had opened at startup. This is remembered using preferences. It doesn't auto-run the plan but it should at least open the file.

I made a note about your other suggestions to auto-run the plan at startup and also to save the graph checkboxes.

Thanks again for taking the time to write up your thoughts.

Jim