Documentation explaining how column values are derived

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
RonnyTease

Documentation explaining how column values are derived

Post by RonnyTease »

Is there any documentation that provides a description of what each column (in detailed view) means and how it was calculated? (of course, based on the specific settings of a particular scenario)

Looking through several posts on this forum, I see a lot of similar requests. I think this would help alleviate a lot of questions in the future if something like this existed. I've read thru the current documentation but still struggle to end up with the same numbers that FRP shows me. I need to reconcile this and have a level of trust in the numbers before I use a tool/planner for something as important as retirement planning/modelling. Thanks.
jimr

Re: Documentation explaining how column values are derived

Post by jimr »

The outputs section of the documentation is basically what's available. A rundown with a basic description for each column would likely be helpful, but unfortunately I've never gotten to it.

Really, most of the questions I get about the columns tend to be more about simulation subtleties and also about interactions with various simulation inputs.

If you have questions about specific columns that you're having trouble reconciling, I'd be happy to answer them. Fire away.

Jim
target2019

Re: Documentation explaining how column values are derived

Post by target2019 »

It helps to make a copy of your tables and paste to a spreadsheet. Then add a blank row above the headings, and keep notes there to explain how calculations work.

Go to Detailed View, Show More Detail, and right click on the headings to Show All Columns. Copy or export that to capture the text (right-click on the table values).

The help page mentioned gives you most of the descriptions you need. And add any further description you get here when asking questions.