Problem with input parsing on non-US operating systems

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
frp user

Problem with input parsing on non-US operating systems

Post by frp user »

Hi,

I just been looking at your site, having got the link in the www.retiredInvestor.com site. As a european investor, I have run across a small problem - when I enter the inputs, the numbers get reformated using the euro currency symbol in place of the $ sign and then I get a series if message boxes with the message "Unable to parse value for xxx. Data entered: s75000" where xxx is name of the various inputs fields and s is the currency symbol for the euro.

I tried changing the default currency sysmbol to the $, (I'm using Windows XP) but that didn't make any difference.

Any chance of you having a look into this problem - otherwise the site and info looks great.

Thanks
Joe
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with input parsing on non-US operating systems

Post by admin »

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I made a change for another user recently and apparently I didn't test out the change well enough.

I've posted an updated version of the planner that should fix the issue. You may need to close your browser to flush the old version of the planner out of the browser cache. Once you've loaded the planner again, you can check the version by clicking on the help button. It should be version 1.0.4

Jim
frp user

Re: Problem with input parsing on non-US operating systems

Post by frp user »

Thanks, the update works like a treat now.

Joe