FRP Setup won't run on Windows 10 Enterprise

Post questions and comments about installing the program, getting it to run on your computer, and unexpected error messages.
mlgcfp

FRP Setup won't run on Windows 10 Enterprise

Post by mlgcfp »

Hi Folks! Wanting to check out your FRP software but when I try to run the installation program, all I get is "Error Opening File for Writing". Any ideas? Thank you!
jimr

Re: FRP Setup won't run on Windows 10 Enterprise

Post by jimr »

I'm not familiar with the differences between Windows 10 Enterprise versus Pro, but that sounds like some sort of permissions problem with the user you're running the installer as. Is it an admin account? Another possibility is that if this is a work computer managed by your IT department, they may have set things up to block installation of unauthorized programs.

If you can't figure out what's going on with the installer permissions, another route is to manually install Java from java.com and then download the Mac/Linux version of the program. This version doesn't use an installer and instead can be launched directly by Java using a .jnlp file. Assuming you've successfully installed Java, just unzip the frp download file and click on the .jnlp file to launch the program.
mlgcfp

Re: FRP Setup won't run on Windows 10 Enterprise

Post by mlgcfp »

Thanks! I'll give it a go on my stand-alone computer and see if I get different results.