Help solving a blank screen/java error problem?

Post questions and comments about installing the program, getting it to run on your computer, and unexpected error messages.
frp user

Help solving a blank screen/java error problem?

Post by frp user »

Jim,

You don't know how excited I am that you have made this program available. I had my diffy Q and calculus
over 40 years ago, and looking at some sites the math looks like Greek. Sad how you lose it. I went thru your process to launch and immediately had to install the java. I "successfully did so" according to the instructions to check. Also my
files/folders show its existence with today's date. So now I should be ready to fly, Well it doesn't work, I still get the blank page, and take the only next path which only offers the opportunity to download.

So I am bitterly disappointed and don't know how to get the access to your programs.

Can someone help me please?

Karen
admin
Site Admin

Re: Help solving a blank screen/java error problem?

Post by admin »

Hello,

Did you try closing all browser windows and restarting the browser? Also, what OS are you running?

Jim
frp user

Post by frp user »

Hi,

Yes I did, a couple of times. I'm on Windows XP, Home
Edition.

Karen
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmmm. I'm confused as to what might cause what you're seeing.

Here are a couple of things to try:

1) in IE, select Tools->Internet options from the menu. Once in Internet options, choose the "Advanced" tab. Scroll down in that tab until you see "Java" and see what you see.

2) Also in IE on the Tools menu, check for a choice called Java console. If it isn't there, look on the taskbar on the lower right of your screen for a "coffee cup" looking icon that has blue and red on it. Right->click on the icon and select "properties". A small window should appear that has an "Advanced" tab on it. Click on the advanced tab and select the Java Console, "Show Console" option and click on ok.

3) If you can't find the Java icon on the system tray, try looking in Start->Programs for something called "Java Control Panel" or a similar name and start that and then finish the instructions for step 2.

Once you have the Java Console running, try start the browser and try to run the planner. See if there are any messages in the console when you do.
frp user

Post by frp user »

Hi Jim,

Finally had a chance to get back to getting the
program working, and it is. I have to go via the
Microsoft IE rather than my Yahoo, no problem,
followed your instructions.

Played with it a little bit, need to sit down to
understand what the inputs mean and put my numbers
together in light of the rules.

I am looking forward to playing with this tool.

I'll keep you informed.

Thanks a Lot,