Printing issues

Post questions and comments about installing the program, getting it to run on your computer, and unexpected error messages.
presley

Printing issues

Post by presley »

When printing after running the simulation, my print results will not print in full page format. It prints in the upper left 1/4 of the page, and of course the results are very small and difficult to read. Any suggestions?

Thanks
jimr

Re: Printing issues

Post by jimr »

Here are a couple of suggestions.

1) See if there are any resolution settings that you can adjust for the printer in the print properties window. I've seen cases where for some reason the printout doesn't look right when the resolution is set to 300, but it looks perfect at 600. Unfortunately, this is a Java/OS thing that my program doesn't have control over, so there's not too much I can do on the FRP end of things.

2) If changing the printer settings doesn't help, you might try installing a free pdf printer like cutepdf on your system. I do most of my printing with cutepdf and the default settings on that program work perfectly with Java/FRP printing. If you still want a paper copy, you could send the pdf output to your printer using the print function on your pdf viewer.

Hopefully, one of those will at least offer a work-around. If neither of these ideas is helpful, please post again and maybe I can gather up some information about your printer and try to do some debug on the issue.

Jim
presley

Re: Printing issues

Post by presley »

Jim,

I'll give these ideas a try. Thanks