Bug Found in downloaded beta program?

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
drbrandt

Bug Found in downloaded beta program?

Post by drbrandt »

Clarification Added after initial post: My input below is for the downloaded beta program.

Overview: When I enter data and run simulation everything works fine, but when I add new scenario by copying data from "Scenario 1" to "New Scenario" and then delete all scenarios except "New Scenario," the program will not run simulation when "run" is pressed and locks up when "run all" is pressed.

Detail:
1. Entered data per my situation, including specifying additional cashflows under "Additional Inputs"
2. Ran simulation--all worked fine
3. When into manage scenarios and added new scenario by checking "duplicate data" from scenario 1.
4. Now I have 4 scenarios: 1, 2, 3, and new
5. Scenarios 2 and 3 are blank; 1 and new are duplicates
6. Run and Run All works fine.
7. Deleted scenarios 2 and 3; run works for both scenario 1 and scenario new and run all works also
8. Deleted new scenario; run and run all works fine for Scenario 1.
9. Reloaded Scenario New from scratch per steps 3 to 7.
10. Deleted scenario 1; Pressing Run for New Scenario does not result in simulation being run--no graph, no data in detailed view. Pressed Run multiple time with no effect. Program was not locked. Could change data in summary view.
11. Pressed Run All--program locked. Could not change/enter data in summary view. No graph, no data.
12. Closed file, did not save, reload worked fine.

Doug
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bug Found in downloaded beta program?

Post by admin »

Doug,

That was a great writeup. Thanks. (I moved it into the downloadable app forum).

I'll see if I can reproduce it based on the steps you wrote up. If it happens again and it's possible to do a save-as that might give me some additional input.

Jim
drbrandt

Post by drbrandt »

Thanks Jim. You may want to put my other post in the downloadable apps section also.

Doug
drbrandt

Post by drbrandt »

Update.

1. Set up New Scenario per previous post and press run--does not work.
2. Save file and close.
3. Reopen--runs fine and run all fine
4. Repeat step 1, press run all--locks up and cannot save. If close and request save, cannot save. Must close without saving.

Doug
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

drbrandt wrote:Thanks Jim. You may want to put my other post in the downloadable apps section also.
Done. Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Doug,

I think I found the issue. Your list of steps to reproduce was fantastic.

The bug was that if you delete the first scenario, while it is active (in the main panel), and while there is only one other scenario, I accidentally left a variable set to 1 that should have been 0. Easy fix. I hope that's all there is to it.

I posted an updated program at the same location as before and you can simply reinstall it (no need to uninstall first).

Once you have it installed, you can check the program->about to see that the date is 2/29/2008.

Also, I added a menu pick in the help menu that brings up a browser window and goes to the forum.

BTW, Did everything in the install go ok the first time? Are you seeing icons on the FRP program and on .frp files (see attached)?

Thanks again,

Jim
Attachments
icons.JPG
icons.JPG (8.28 KiB) Viewed 22029 times

Post by Guest »

Glad you found the issue. I will reinstall and let you know how it goes. I am seeing your icons OK and my initial install went fine.

Doug
drbrandt

Post by drbrandt »

I loaded new file version and all went fine. Previous issue is resolved. BTW, did not see 2/29/08 date on about but saw version 02.00.01 (beta) in Help/about. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Doug
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great. thanks.

I didn't realize that the build date didn't make it onto the help->about window. I added it so it'll be there next time.