Most up to date beta version

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
drbrandt

Most up to date beta version

Post by drbrandt »

Is version 02.00.01 (beta) the most up to date version?
jimr

Re: Most up to date beta version

Post by jimr »

I'm about to put up another version. I'll send you a link...

Jim
drbrandt

Post by drbrandt »

Thanks. I have encountered a few save glitches with the 02.00.01 version and wanted to make sure I had the latest and greatest.

Doug
jimr

Post by jimr »

Hi Doug,

I just fixed a bug where some changes to additional inputs might not get saved under some circumstances. Hopefully that's what you saw, but let me know if it isn't.

Based on the feedback, I've done some rework to the layout on the main panel. I'm very interested in comments on this new approach, so please don't be shy.

Also, I added a feature that lets you temporarily disable entries in the additional inputs pop up. This is handy when you have a bunch of things you're experimenting with and don't want to have to keep deleting and re-adding the values.

Finally, the program now remembers the last file that you had opened and tries to reopen it when it starts if you didn't start it by clicking on an frp file.

The latest version is posted and you can retrieve it using the same method as before.

Thanks again,

Jim
drbrandt

Post by drbrandt »

Downloaded and got unable to write error upon install. Tried to copy/paste the error message here but did not work. Clicked "Ignore" and program loaded. Program version is still listed as 02.00.01(beta). Is this the right version? Main page layout seems unchanged. I downloaded from here:

(edited by jimr to remove download link)

Doug
jimr

Post by jimr »

The link looks good, but the version should be 2.0.3 and the build date should be 3/8/2008.

By any chance did you have the program running while the installer was running? Maybe I need to put a check in for that?

Let me know if that's it.

Thanks,

Jim
drbrandt

Post by drbrandt »

Can't download the file from the URL. Keep getting write error message but I can't get any attachments on this reply. The latest version I have is 02.00.01 (beta). I have uninstalled the Flexible planner and it was not open when I previously received error message.

Doug
jimr

Post by jimr »

I was confused before. I thought you had an install error, not a download error.

When you click the URL, do you get a choice about what to do with the file (eg save, open, etc)? Is it possible to save it to another location?

Thanks,

Jim
drbrandt

Post by drbrandt »

I have had both install and download errors.

1. I have had an install error and 02.00.01 was installed when done. I saved to file and then got install error when trying to load.
2. I uninstalled and tried again--same error.
3. I uninstalled and rebooted. Ran from URL and got download error.
4. I redownloaded and saved to file and got download error.

So I have 02.00.01 on my disk from a few days back and it loads OK but I can't get file to download or run from URL today.

Doug
drbrandt

Post by drbrandt »

OK. I just got it to download and install 02.00.03. Problem may be on my end--I don't know at this point.

Yes the save problem I saw with 02.00.01 was after I modified some inputs on the additional inputs page at the bottom. I'll let you know how it goes.

Doug