File opening and saving problems

Post questions and comments about installing the program, getting it to run on your computer, and unexpected error messages.
drbrandt

File opening and saving problems

Post by drbrandt »

I continue to have some problems with opening and saving a particular file. Here is how it manifests itself:

1. Clicking on the file results in no action. It does not open (will call this file "Problem").
2. Clicking on another file opens the other file (will call this file "Good").
3. With the app open, if I File/Open "Problem", the problem file does open, but the name of the file does not indicate the problem file, it indicates the file "Good."
4. I can "Save As" the file under "Problem" (I suppose I could choose another name also, but I have not checked this).
5. Closing the program and clicking on "Problem" icon results in the opening of the problem file.
6. I click on "manage" and "add new scenario" which I call "test," with "duplicate data from" checked on the top scenario (I suppose this will happen regardless of the scenario I duplicate but I have not checked this). Then I click on add and then on done.
7. If I click on the x to close, I get the pop up to save. I click yes, get the dialog box to save as and save as "Problem" and the program closes. Using "Save As" directly also works, so in this regard the problem is not like the previous issue from yesterday.
8. If I then click on "Problem" icon to open, it will not open.
9. If I click on the program icon, it will not open (this step has not been consistent and I do not know how to reproducibly generate this failure).
10. If I click on "Good" icon (same as in #2, above) it opens. If I close the program and click on the program icon it then does open to "Good" (as mentioned in #9, don't know how to reproduce this but have seen it on more than one occasion).
11. If I click on "Good" icon, program opens to "Good" data.
12. At this point I have reproduced the original problem, and I am back to step #3. I can open "Problem" using File/Open but the file name does not indicate "Problem" it indicates "Good" and the "test" scenario that I created is not in the problem file--has been lost even though I save the file in step #7.

I will e-mail the problem file to you separately. It will be in the state of not opening for me. See if it opens for you. If it does not, try steps 2-4. If it does, then try to reproduce the problem I have seen using steps 6-7.

Doug
jimr

Re: File opening and saving problems

Post by jimr »

Doug,

Thanks for finding another one! The frp files are in XML format and the code that reads in the XML tags had a hard limit on the max number of tags it could handle (1000). Unfortunately, when it hit the limit it aborted rather than displaying an error.

Anyhow, I've reworked the code so there's no hard limit anymore.

You are limited to 10 scenarios and 25 entries in each of the additional input tables for each scenario.

Thanks again,

Jim
drbrandt

Re: File opening and saving problems

Post by drbrandt »

Now running verions 02.00.0x built on 03/09/08. Previous save and open issues are solved.

Thanks

Doug