App for iPad?

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
monterosnob

App for iPad?

Post by monterosnob »

Is there, or will there be a stand alone app for the iPad?
jimr

Re: App for iPad?

Post by jimr »

Unfortunately, there isn't a plan for ipad support.

The sad reality is that both Apple and Google don't support Java in their mobile operating systems. That is, of course, a big barrier to getting the app ported to mobile. It likely means nearly a complete re-write. I've read that there are some tools that make it easier to port a Java app to android, since android is built on Java. But so far, this isn't on my radar, at least in the near term.

Jim
ngmoore

Post by ngmoore »

It’s been a number of years since you last responded to this question, so unsure if a move to iOS still seems a major headache.
But I find I rarely fire up my laptop these days, and really wish I could use FRP on my iPad.

I’m sure there is a market out there. You had great reviews in the past, and will garner more with a new platform they can assess.
Plus the possibility for potential income via an app. Recommend you lock major features behind a paywall, and add ads to the freebie version for immediate revenue. Current supporters grandfathered in.

I hope you’ll reconsider. I love your program.
(Hire a coder to do the grunt work. With newest platforms, it might not not be as onerous as you think.)

Best,
Nancy
DylanMcLean

Post by DylanMcLean »

Hello, an app would be very nice, but it seems that we can not expect it ! :(