Suggestion for standalone application - new 'feature'

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
themurfs

Suggestion for standalone application - new 'feature'

Post by themurfs »

In Standalone application, something that would be nice new feature (assuming this still supported/enhanced) would be free text field on the "Additional Inputs" dialog when specifying "Cashflow Type" of "Other Expenses".

For example, I've added "Other Expenses" for couple of one-time purchases of new car and one time house repair expense. When these are in the table along with other "Other Expenses", hard to distinguish which is which for including/excluding in a Run.

If there was new free form text field (could be added below "Taxable Percent" field) to type in things like "car", "redo Bath", etc, then put the free form text in the table. It would be ok to make the table scrollable horizontally and the free form 'hidden' on the right - the free form text is for reference and would be used only occasionally to confirm what "Other Expenses" that have been added to the table.

:) btw -I'm still extremely happy with the program - been almost 2 years now, doing re-run every 3 months or so to confirm changes to 'stuff' and try out new ideas. Even expanded use to create scenario for elderly parents regarding what they do/don't need to live on.

Thanks,
Mike M.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for standalone application - new 'feature'

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the post, the suggestion, and for the kudos on the planner.

As it happens, I implemented something very similar to your request in the latest version of the planner and I'd be happy to send you an updated copy of it if you send me an email.

Best,

Jim