Certificate has been revoked

Post questions and comments about installing the program, getting it to run on your computer, and unexpected error messages.
BobWilson

Certificate has been revoked

Post by BobWilson »

I'm new to FRP and the forum. I am running on a MAC (10.11.3) and was us the Standalone program. Today I went to add something and after turning it on I got a Widow that says "Certificate has been revoked. the application will not be executed."

Can you please advise me on what to do?
jimr

Re: Certificate has been revoked

Post by jimr »

If you're not running version 04.02.03, you'll want to download it from here:

http://www.flexibleretirementplanner.com/wp/download/

This version has an updated security certificate.
BobWilson

Post by BobWilson »

Thanks for the speedy reply. That is one of the first things I thought of-out of date version. I downloaded it from that link and updated my Java as well.
Same thing.

i keep this mac in pretty good shape. I work for Apple.

Is there anything else it could be?

Again, thanks.
jimr

Post by jimr »

Another possibility is that your mac security settings are configured to only run apps downloaded from the Apple store.

FRP is a Java application and its security certificate is not issued by Apple. The app is securely signed with a certificate issued by a recognized certificate authority, which prevent tampering with the app. However, on some mac OS versions, you need to create a security exception to run apps that aren't signed using an Apple issued certificate. This is true even if the app already has a valid digital signature issued by someone else.

This apple support page has some info on how to get around this if you choose to do so:
https://support.apple.com/kb/ph14369?locale=en_US

Aside from that, I'm not sure what it could be. Is there any other information you can provide about either the error message you're seeing, or the details of the security certificate on the app?
tburleson

Post by tburleson »

I have the same issue error message, Certificate has been revoked. I changed the security setting to allow me to open apps from other sources, but still get the error message. Any suggestions?
jimr

Post by jimr »

Can you look at the app's certificate properties to see the date issued and the expiration date? This is a strange condition because Windows 10 says the certificate is fine, so I'm not sure why Mac OS has a problem with it.
tburleson

Post by tburleson »

The date issued is October 5, 2015 at 7:02 PM. I don't see an expiration date. My understanding I could use the evaluation version indefinitely.
jimr

Post by jimr »

If you wouldn't mind, please try the download link again. You should get version 04-02-04 when you do the download.

http://www.flexibleretirementplanner.com/wp/download/

If that doesn't help, another thing to try is to go into the manual install folder and click on frp.jar instead of the .jnlp launcher.

It seems that for some reason Java on a mac doesn't realize that the app's security certificate is valid. I recently got a new security certificate that's supposed to use a more secure hash (SHA256) and I wonder if that's giving Java on a mac some trouble. The certificate shows up as valid on windows systems, but maybe the mac needs an update to be able to recognize it.

I googled and I don't see any other reports of problems like this on macs, but I'll keep looking.
NavyGuy

Post by NavyGuy »

I just ran into this problem myself. I updated Java from the Java website. When I restarted FRP I still got the 'certificate revoked' error. However, when I shut down all my browsers and restarted FRP again, it worked. Have no idea why that made a difference, but FRP is working. I'm using version 4.02.04.