Show age rather than years?

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
eric

Show age rather than years?

Post by eric »

Jim - Is there any way to show age rather than years on the simulation results pane? If not, it would be a useful option. I find it much easier to think of my planning in terms of my age, not years. Also, when I'm planning for a long period, say 25-30 years, the year labels at the bottom start getting smooshed together and hard to read.

Thanks.
jimr

Re: Show age rather than years?

Post by jimr »

If you widen the Year column, it should also show age in parens.

Also, if you right-mouse-click on the table header, you can hide columns you don't need.

Finally, if you right-mouse-click on any table cell, you'll get a menu that includes an export option.
jimr

Post by jimr »

Actually, now I understand that you're talking about the X-axis labels in the results graph.

Adding the ability to control whether the chart uses years or age for the labels is a good idea. I'll make a note of it. Thanks.

Jim
eric

Post by eric »

Sorry, I'm afraid I wasn't clear in my original post. I was referring to the bar graph at the bottom of the Summary View page. At the bottom of each bar is a year number (2016, 2017, ....). What I'd prefer to see is (65, 66, ...) - starting from my current age.

The smooshing together of the year numbers is also an issue, because I'm planning for roughly another 25-30 years.
jimr

Post by jimr »

Got it. I realized what you meant after my first response and put it on my to-do list (see above).
eric

Post by eric »

Thanks. Our replies crossed... I wrote my clarification at the same time you wrote you're, and I didn't notice yours till just after I posted mine.

Thanks for being so responsive to my postings!