Bug or did I change something by mistake?

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
rittchard

Bug or did I change something by mistake?

Post by rittchard »

This has now happened to me twice. After having a file more or less setup the way I want, I continue to tweak the value for "Annual Retirement Spending" but after working fine for numerous values, suddenly it has no more effect on the probability of success. It seems like it gets stuck at a certain goal value (I think it might be what the save file had originally but I'm not sure). The only change that registers is if I change it to 0. I've tried restarting the program and restarting the computer, but the problem seems to persist. If I start from scratch it seems to work fine again so it seems like I am somehow triggering it?
jimr

Re: Bug or did I change something by mistake?

Post by jimr »

This isn't an issue anyone else has mentioned, but anything is possible. It is software after all.

Probably the best way to handle this would be if you could email the .frp file to me the next time it exhibits the problem, along with an explanation of exactly what isn't working the way you expect.

It would be best if you could change around the inputs to obscure personal plan details and to protect your personal information before you send the file, since email isn't secure.

You can send the email to info@flexibleRetirementPlanner.com

Jim
rittchard

Re: Bug or did I change something by mistake?

Post by rittchard »

Thanks Jim, I will send you a file asap. It's now happened with 2 different files consistently and I can't seem to reverse it, very bizarre since it looks like it's a text file input.