Secure Act

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
rhino

Re: Secure Act

Post by rhino »

I downloaded and installed 4.03.01 to an up to date Windows 10 laptop. I am unable to successfully launch the 4.03.01 version. When attempted, the application starts to launch and then disappears. I was able to reinstall the previous version and run it successfully.

Thanks for your efforts creating and enhancing this application!
BH
jimr

Post by jimr »

Thanks for posting about this.

I couldn't reproduce the problem on my end despite trying on 6 different windows machines, but you got me digging a little and I might have found the problem.

The program contains an embedded Java runtime (jre) as part of the installer and it looks like I inadvertently included a 64 bit Java runtime in this build instead of a 32 bit runtime, which is what version 04.02.17 uses.

If you wouldn't mind, could you confirm that your windows 10 installation is a 32 bit installation? You can do this by going to control panel, then "System and Security", then "System". Once there, look for "System Type" on that window. It will either say it's a 32 bit or 64 bit system.

Thanks,

Jim
rhino

Post by rhino »

Jim,

Yes, I have confirmed that computer that I am using is a 32 bit Win 10 OS.

Thanks,
BH
jimr

Post by jimr »

Thanks for confirming. If you redo the download you'll get a new version (04-03-02) that should run on 32bit windows machines.

https://www.flexibleretirementplanner.com/wp/download/
rhino

Post by rhino »

Jim,

Your change resolved the issue.

Thanks!
BH
jimr

Post by jimr »

Great. thanks for reporting it and testing the fix. - Jim