Secure 2.0 Act Updates to RMD Timing

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
PersonalWealthAdv

Secure 2.0 Act Updates to RMD Timing

Post by PersonalWealthAdv »

Hello,

I am a user for the past few years. This tool has been invaluable to helping me plan my future retirement. I am only in my mid-30s but I work in the field of pensions and I am very interested in planning out my own retirement to verify I am on-track.

I was wondering if the tool will be updated, or already has been updated, for the new required minimum distribution ages due to the passing of the Secure Act and the Secure 2.0 Act? For example, does the tool now assume RMDs on Traditional account balances at age 73 or age 75 based on the person's age they enter as of today, or do you manually change that in the settings?

Thanks for creating such a fantastic tool to help plan for retirement!
jimr

Re: Secure 2.0 Act Updates to RMD Timing

Post by jimr »

Hello and thanks for your question.

The latest version of the planner is 04.04.01 and it uses the new 2022 IRS distribution table for RMDs as defined by the SECURE Act. It also lets you configure RMD Start Age in settings, so you can set it to whatever value fits your situation best.

You can check your version current in help->about and download the latest version here:

https://www.flexibleretirementplanner.com/wp/download/

Jim