Before Taxes

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
leo4570

Before Taxes

Post by leo4570 »

How do I see or determine before tax total income such as retirement income plus total widthrawal?
jimr

Re: Before Taxes

Post by jimr »

I may not exactly understand the question, but you might try looking in the detailed view tab, then clicking the 'Show more detail' radio button on the top right of that window to see more details about income, taxes, and total withdrawal.
leo4570

Post by leo4570 »

First of all let me say what a great tool this is. Of course you are right, the answer is in the detal view. I am trying to model income tax for any given year and it is relatively simple until you start to see money in the taxable portfolio such as when RMDs are greater than expenses. It appears taxes could go up significantly inspite of controlled expenses if the taxable portfolio gets too large. Is there a way to move or reinvest taxable investments into non taxable investments?
jimr

Post by jimr »

I'm generally not in the financial planning advice business, so I can't comment on the best way to reduce your tax burden in retirement once RMDs kick in.