Updating to newest FRP version

Post questions and comments about installing the program, getting it to run on your computer, and unexpected error messages.
StayPuft

Updating to newest FRP version

Post by StayPuft »

I have the FRP from about 2 years ago. If I want to update it, can I just update it from within the FRP program, or do I have to download a whole new program?

If I have to download a whole new program, will it automatically just replace the existing FRP and wipe out the old one?
jimr

Re: Updating to newest FRP version

Post by jimr »

To update the program on windows, just download the latest version from the frp website and click on the downloaded installer executable. There's no need to uninstall the old version.

The only caveat with this the old version of the program can't be running during the install process (say in the background). This will cause the installation process to fail with an error message. If this happens, just close out of the program and re-run the installer.
StayPuft

Re: Updating to newest FRP version

Post by StayPuft »

jimr wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:26 pm To update the program on windows, just download the latest version from the frp website and click on the downloaded installer executable. There's no need to uninstall the old version.

The only caveat with this the old version of the program can't be running during the install process (say in the background). This will cause the installation process to fail with an error message. If this happens, just close out of the program and re-run the installer.

Perfect. Done! Thank you!