how do I add a non-investment account?

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
StayPuft

how do I add a non-investment account?

Post by StayPuft »

How do I add other non-investment accounts, like my savings account?
jimr

Re: how do I add a non-investment account?

Post by jimr »

The planner isn't set up to track individual investment accounts or asset classes. The investment style (or custom avg return/std dev) should be configured so to represent the expected risk/return of your overall blended portfolio, including any cash you hold in your portfolio.

I haven't researched this in a while, but I believe there are free tools available on the web you can use to punch in your portfolio mix and get estimates for expected return and standard deviation. If you have a financial advisor, this is something they should be able to provide for you.
StayPuft

Re: how do I add a non-investment account?

Post by StayPuft »

jimr wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:35 am The planner isn't set up to track individual investment accounts or asset classes. The investment style (or custom avg return/std dev) should be configured so to represent the expected risk/return of your overall blended portfolio, including any cash you hold in your portfolio.

I haven't researched this in a while, but I believe there are free tools available on the web you can use to punch in your portfolio mix and get estimates for expected return and standard deviation. If you have a financial advisor, this is something they should be able to provide for you.
Ah, okay, thank you!