Stand-alone Version 1.0

Post questions about how to use the planner, user inputs, how the planner works, and comments and suggestions.
Paul

Stand-alone Version 1.0

Post by Paul »

Jim,

You were kind enough some years ago to send me version 1.0 of the stand-alone java program (com.frp.application.FRPMain). I was glad to see that this code gives the same results as the online version when the same inputs are used. Version 1.0 has the Additional Inputs pane with 12 cashflow types and a scenario manager that saves up to 10 scenarios (per saved file). Generating and being able to save a spectrum of scenarios has been most useful, and it is this capability that makes the stand-alone version attractive to me.

Thank you for this great program.

-Paul
jimr

Re: Stand-alone Version 1.0

Post by jimr »

Hi Paul,

I'm glad you've found the program useful. The latest version is 02.02.00, built on 07/07/2010. I ended up using the same version numbers on both the web and standalone programs to make it easier to keep things in sync.

If you have a 1.0 version of the standalone program, you probably have an 'in between' build from when the standalone version was still in development.

If you'd like an update, just email me at info@flexibleRetirementPlanner.com and I'd be happy to send along the latest version of the standalone program. The main additions are the 'shortfall percent' display, the goal-seek option, and a few very minor bug fixes. Also, it'd probably be good to get the update so you're working off a known version instead of an engineering build.

Jim